Thursday 31 July 2014

Travel Planning !!! - U.S.A (Las Vegas)

LA > Las Vegas
After a few nights in LA I’m off to Las Vegas I got all my flights in the U.S.  From skyscanner and were quite cheap around £18 plus baggage and taxes worked out full price around £30 not too badly priced at all!

My first night in Vegas I’m stopping in the stratosphere hotel it was £18 a night but went up the next day as it was the weekend  so I’m moving around a bit but at least I get a bit of glamour and get to say I’ve stopped in a hotel on the strip. Your stay includes admission to the top of the tower plus discount for the rides and things at the top!!! Deal or what (all my stays were from booking.com)

so on my first day I plan to look around the hotel and the ones close to me as all the hotels in Vegas have amazing things inside them maybe go to the top of the tower during the day and then at night to get some decent pictures and on the night wander out to see the night life (there’s loads) maybe get the monorail around to the other end of the strip. There is too much to do in Vegas with so little time!

The next day I’m moving hotel to a much cheaper one for the weekend and then going to see the Grand Canyon I’m only going on a day trip but it is a must see for me whilst I’m there I found a trip through STA travel and its only £58 I also got £10 off so makes it a bit cheaper as I kept finding very expensive but this seems good :) I’m not doing the sky walk as its too much for my budget and I can’t even take my camera on so I’d rather just have a look the normal way the trip includes lunch and walks to angel point and to a lower part of the canyon.

My 3rd day I’m going to the circus circus hotel and staying so I’m going to see the hotel in that area and further away as well as visit the adventure dome and get my picture at the welcome to Vegas sign. On this day and my first I’m going to try and see and fit in as much as I can so some things may get swapped around but I will be doing this list of things as my main must sees.

List of hotels that I want to see and have things I want to see or do:
Luxor
Treasure Island
Caesars palace
Bellagio – fountains
Mirage – volcano starts 8pm and every 30mins
Venetian
Aria
Excalibur
MGM grand
Paris las vegas – highe roller ride $19.00
Mandalay
Planet Hollywood
Ballys
New York new York hotel – Hershey world and rollercoaster
The linq
Showcase mall – M&M world

To get from the airport to the strip I’m using the airport shuttle and that’s around $10. To get around Las Vegas you can get the bus that is $2 each ride or $6 for 2 hours but apparently its very busy with traffic and takes time. But there is the monorail system that runs between hotels it starts from sahara ave to the MGM Grand runs 7am till 12am in the week thurs till 2am and Friday to Saturday till 3am. 1 ride in $5 a 24 hour ride is $12 and a 2 day ticket is $22.

Some good websites/apps:

my Vegas app (Game) & Facebook – you can save up rewards from free games to spend on real things like rollercoaster rides, hotel stays, monorail passes and much more I’ve been playing and using free chips every day since I found out about it and I’m planning to pay for a few activities I want to do using my rewards it’s amazing how much you can get when you keep saving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment